Welcome to Dance Mouse Tots for ages 15 months - 3 years
Our latest innovative program under the Dance Mouse Banner introduces little ones to Dance and music Rhythm in a fun and educational way.
About Dance Mouse Tots
We are pleased to announce the arrival of our latest innovative program under the Dance Mouse Banner which has come about due to the ongoing, numerous requests for a program to introduce little ones to Dance and music Rhythm in a fun and educational way. Dance Mouse Tots will be aimed at Toddlers from age 15months-35 months and will thereafter feed in to the Dance Mouse syllabus at Pre schools from 36mths (3yrs) in a class structure.
The Dance Mouse Tots syllabus will incorporate the following:
Beginner class- 1.3yrs -2yrs: (15mths-24mths) classes will be 20-minute duration for toddlers only. With parents participation – 40min
Advanced class- 2yrs-2.11yrs: (24mths-35mths) classes will be 20-minute duration for toddlers only. With parents participation 40min
The Dance Mouse Tots Syllabus
1. Warm-ups from head to toe, “toes to noes” & A Dance Mouse Jiggle- Teaching toddlers about the fact that warm-up is very important and aims at teaching that warm up is the preparation for all dancers.
2. Dance Techniques- Teaching basic dance techniques, posture, head positions, Arm positions & lines, dance hands, feet positions -to name a few…….. The emphasis will focus on fun through repetition in order to teach them basic dance techniques.
3. Proprioception- Where they belong in space, taught with various props i.e. hedgehogs, wobble boards, Pilates small balls, ribbons, scarves, noodles, dough, liquid & much more……..
4. Rhythm & Music- teaching musicality and timing – using different instruments i.e. triangles, shakers, rhythm sticks etc
5. Direction-Formations- Basic steps teaching movement and space through different directions.
6. Strengthening exercises reaching large muscle groups.
7. Stretching Exercises developing large muscle groups.
8. Dances- it is vitally important for them to learn to dance as movement and rhythm is a natural instinct in children.
9. Dance Mouse team war cry- a team song.
10. Calming time- to promote security in toddlers where classical music is played which both stimulates and calms the brain as lie and enjoy their sucky cup or a cuddle in the arms of mom, dad or caregiver.